Sunday 4 March 2012

Renault Megane Classic

Renault Megane I was presented in 1995 as a 5 door hatchback and a 3 door Coupe. It was based on its predecessor (Renault 19), using many of its engines and transmissions. The name has been taken from the 1988 concept car.
It was Renault`s first car where safety was a key focus. Megane I achieved the best in the class result of 4 stars in the 1998 Euro NCAP crash test. In 1996 convertible and a 5 door saloon called Classic were presented.

In spring 1999 Megane had a facelift, which gave the Megane new headlights, modified grill, more advanced safety features, better equipment and better quality interior. New 16-valve engines were also used. The production in Europe ended in 2002, however Megane I was sold in Argentina and Colombia until 2009, alongside Megane II.



Renault Megane Classic (1:43)
by Vitesse

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating!! My favourite car, Where I can bought this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was on my holidays :)

      I bought this Renault in a little model shop in my town, however I have seen some on eBay. You could also try looking through websites like carmodel.net.

      Delete
  2. Schreiber Paito 2005 1.43 by Tomica

    ReplyDelete

FSR Tarpan 237 (IST Models)

  Pomysł był dobry. Stworzyć uniwersalny samochód odpowiadający na potrzeby polskich rolników. Niestety, jak to często bywało, rzeczywistość...